Wednesday, August 01, 2007

WCG 2007 starts tomorrow, and right now we're still feeling... grossly unprepared. I take it the guys aren't too peachy either judging by the number of times I've seen Ice tell them, "I am psing you now, byebye!" or something to that extent.

For all of us in Asterisk*, it will be our first time getting something to wear from our sponsors, and for some (well okay, me) a maiden voyage in competitive gaming. Besides dreading and longing for tomorrow all at once, I have been mentally playing out Dota games in my head while going through files at work. I'm starting to feel regrets already at being only able to competitively play a limited number of heroes, and wishing I had been able to train more over the past couple of months. Work pwns us, and I miss those days when my life was pretty much made up of gaming and boyfriend. Now it's a chore to fit in a single game a day, let alone more.

After hearing Tammy declare, "We have too much of a life!" and hearing my boyfriend tell me that real competitive players eat, sleep and breathe gaming, the jitters start coming in and the scary thoughts, "I'M NOT READY!!"

On a great note, dear Hime, who's been gamely training with us over the past couple of months, has agreed to join us, at least for WCG, which entitles her to a new garment too! HOW WE LOVE BEING SPONSORED! <3

So to Tammy, Dawnsheep, Cass, D4wn and maybe now Hime, if tomorrow doesn't work out, I hope we still continue to stay together as a team and keep playing, at least for a long, long while. <3 and emoness.

No comments: